How We Can Help
Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition Treatment Information
At IU Health, we offer gastroenterological services such as:
- Upper endoscopy. In this procedure, which is done under anesthesia, the physician inserts a flexible tube equipped with a camera through your child’s mouth to examine the upper gastrointestinal tract.
- Colonoscopy. In this version of endoscopy, the flexible tube with a camera is inserted through the anus in order to examine the large intestine and the end of the small intestine.
- pH tests. Your child's pediatric gastroenterology specialist may order a pH study to test for the reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus.
- Capsule endoscopy. In this study, the physician looks at images of the digestive tract after your child swallows a pill-sized capsule containing a camera.
- Motility studies. In these tests, physicians place catheters with special pressure sensors in the esophagus, stomach, upper small intestine and large intestine to measure the frequency and strength of muscular contractions.
Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition Locations & Physicians
Use the search options below to find treatments available in your area.
Find a Specialist
Enter a Zip Code to find a specialist at IU Health.
Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition Support Services
Information on pediatric gastroenterological and liver conditions is available from multiple reputable national organizations. The following sites can help patients and families to understand these disorders, choose treatments and find local support:
A Sampling of Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition Support Services
This website, created by the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition provides information about the treatment and management of pediatric digestive conditions for children and parents.