How We Can Help
Orthopedics Treatment Information
The pediatric orthopedic specialists of IU Health offer services and treatment options that consider the unique needs of each patient and family. Examples include:
- Casts, splints and braces. These support pieces hold anatomical structures, particularly bones, in place either to correct a deformity or to allow the body to heal itself.
- Imaging. To get a view of the musculoskeletal system, pediatric orthopedic specialists use imaging techniques such as X-ray, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), ultrasound and nuclear medicine bone scan.
- Laboratory testing. Analysis of blood, bone tissue and other substances can help pediatric orthopedic specialists make a diagnosis and plan a treatment course.
- Physical therapy. IU Health physical therapists address a variety of pediatric orthopedic conditions with the goal of helping children to develop strength, coordination and range of motion.
- Surgery. Our orthopedic surgeons are skilled at a full range of procedures, from minor operations to the most complex spinal reconstruction.
Orthopedics Locations & Physicians
Use the search options below to find treatments available in your area.
Find a Specialist
Enter a Zip Code to find a specialist at IU Health.
Orthopedics Support Services
Several national organizations provide information on pediatric orthopedic conditions. The following sites can help patients and families to understand orthopedic conditions, select treatments and find support in their communities.
A Sampling of Orthopedics Support Services
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
This group, which provides musculoskeletal education to orthopedic surgeons and others, maintains an extensive collection of patient- and family-oriented information on conditions, treatments, injury prevention, wellness and other topics.
Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
This nonprofit professional organization for doctors and other clinicians provides information and resources for families.
Scoliosis Research Society
The website for this nonprofit organization contains information for patients and families on scoliosis and other spinal problems.