Mission, Vision & Values
To deliver preeminent medical care and service to our patients and communities through outstanding and innovative medical leadership and practice, while participating in and supporting excellence in education and research.
The vision of IU Health Physicians is to become the Midwest's premier academic multi-specialty physician group. We will be:
- Renowned for our scope and quality of compassionate, patient-centered care; world-class care.
- Recognized for our exemplary access and service to patients and referring physicians; putting patients first.
- Lauded for our ability to improve the health of the community for which it serves.
- Distinguished for our scientific investigation and research that defines tomorrow's care.
- Celebrated for our commitment to the education and training of health professionals, and acclaimed for the quality of our learners.
- Acclaimed for our development of world-class academic leadership and the next generation of health care experts.
Primacy of patients' needs
a) We give highest priority to the needs of our patients and their families. b) We strongly advocate mutual decisions for preventive, curative, and palliative services. c) We commit to providing appropriate, compassionate and patient-centered care to all patients.
Commitment to excellence
a) We unwaveringly pursue excellence in every facet of our work. b) We include continuous improvement processes in all aspects of the services we provide. c) We expect excellence in quality and safety of clinical care and service to our patients and customers. d) We steadfastly support premier education and research programs.
a) We support a culture that encourages innovation in clinical care, scientific discovery, and education of health professionals. b) We expect all associates to implement the best evidence-based, cost-effective practices of their professions.
a) We adhere to the core principles of professionalism in delivering care; educating students, residents and fellows; and in the conduct of basic, translational and clinical research. b) We relate to each other with collaboration and integrity.
Mutual trust and respect
a) We support a culture centered on diversity and inclusiveness. b) We respond to the unique needs of individuals of all backgrounds and treat each with dignity and respect.
c) We relate with all associates collegiality.
a) We, as individuals and a group, accept personal responsibility and are accountable for our actions. b) We integrate our organization to achieve the optimal use of our collective assets. c) We allocate resources to optimize the function of the system rather than the individual components of it. d) We provide leadership in improving the health of the communities in which we live and work. e) We commit to charity, equality, and justice as social principles motivating our practices.