How We Can Help
Routine Physical Exams Treatment Information
IU Health Primary Care physicians help you be aware of your health and live a healthy lifestyle through the following services offered at routine physical exams:
- Immunizations. Immunizations protect you from a variety of diseases. IU Health Primary Care physicians ensure you stay up-to-date on all suggested vaccinations.
- Education. We provide expert, reliable resources for overall health, including chronic disease management, nutrition tips, and exercise recommendations.
- Cancer screenings. We offer screenings for a variety of cancers including breast, cervical, colorectal, prostate, and skin cancers. These screenings can detect cancer early, increasing cure rates.
- Cardiovascular screenings. IU Health Primary Care physicians help you monitor your heart health through blood pressure and cholesterol screenings. These annual screenings can detect and prevent heart disease, the number-one killer of Americans.
- Diagnosis of conditions. Our primary care physicians can diagnose and treat a variety of conditions and illnesses based on information gained from routine physical exams. After diagnosis, we will develop a treatment plan and coordinate care with specialists.
- Referrals to specialists. When more specialized care is needed, our primary care physicians will refer you to our team of highly skilled specialists and continue to coordinate your care and treatment.
“Welcome to Medicare Visit” - this is a one-time covered visit within the first 12 months you have Medicare Part B (age 65). The visit does not include a Physical Examination and focuses more on personalized preventive service and health screenings: review of medical, social history. Depression screening, functional ability and safety, end of life planning and review of recommended health screenings are also covered in this visit.
Medicare “Annual Wellness Visit” (age 66+) is similar to the “Welcome to Medicare” visit. It is covered by Medicare and can be performed by other staff in the office. As required by Medicare, you will be asked to complete a Health Risk Assessment tool. This visit does not include a Physical Examination.
Routine Physical Exams Locations & Physicians
Use the search options below to find treatments available in your area.
Find a Specialist
Enter a Zip Code to find a specialist at IU Health.
Routine Physical Exams Support Services
Learn more about steps you can take to stay on top of your health and prevent diseases by visiting the websites below:
A Sampling of Routine Physical Exams Support Services
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
This United States government website contains information on the importance of yearly exams, how to prepare for the appointment, and what screenings or vaccinations you should receive.
United States Preventive Services Task Force
The United States Preventive Services Task Force determines which screenings are effective and how often these screenings should be performed. This website contains their recommendations, as well as information on a variety of diseases and conditions.