How We Can Help
Abnormal Chest X-rays Treatment Information
If you have an abnormal chest X-ray, our physicians will provide you with expert diagnosis and treatment through the followings services:
- Diagnostic services. We offer a variety of tests and procedures to discover the cause of your abnormal chest X-ray.
- Computed tomography (CT) scans. CT scans give physicians a more detailed look at your lungs and may be required for a more accurate diagnosis.
- Bronchoscopies. Bronchoscopies are procedures in which a small, flexible camera is inserted through the mouth and into the lungs so that physicians can assess lung function and damage.
- Chronic condition management. If your chest X-ray leads to a diagnosis of lung disease, our physicians will manage your condition through a comprehensive treatment plan that includes medications, pulmonary rehabilitation and access to clinical trials.
- Referral to specialists. In some cases, an abnormal chest X-ray may be caused by a condition that requires the care of other physicians, such as oncologists. Our pulmonologists help you find the care you need by referring you to some of the top physicians in the state.
Abnormal Chest X-rays Locations & Physicians
Use the search options below to find treatments available in your area.
Find a Specialist
Enter a Zip Code to find a specialist at IU Health.
Abnormal Chest X-rays Support Services
A Sampling of Abnormal Chest X-rays Support Services
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
This website hosts information on what to expect before, during and after your chest X-ray.