How We Can Help
Chronic Bronchitis Treatment Information
IU Health Pulmonology & Respiratory Care physicians will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan to manage your chronic bronchitis. Services include:
- Education. Certain lifestyle changes may reduce the severity of your chronic bronchitis symptoms.
- Smoking cessation support. Quitting smoking is crucial for improving your chronic bronchitis. Our physicians can give you the support and resources you need to succeed.
- Prescription medications. Medications like prescription inhalers can help control your symptoms.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation. Pulmonary rehabilitation will teach you physical and breathing exercises to improve your ability to breathe.
- Oxygen therapy. Because your chronic bronchitis can prevent your body from getting the oxygen it needs, oxygen therapy may help your body work better.
- Bullectomy. Bullae, or air pockets, form in damaged areas of the lungs. By removing these areas with surgery, our physicians can improve lung function.
- Lung volume reduction surgery. Damaged areas of the lungs are removed during surgery so that you can breathe better.
- Lung transplant. In severe cases of chronic bronchitis, a lung transplant may be necessary. IU Health is the only provider of lung transplants in the state of Indiana.
Chronic Bronchitis Locations & Physicians
Use the search options below to find treatments available in your area.
Find a Specialist
Enter a Zip Code to find a specialist at IU Health.
Chronic Bronchitis Support Services
Learn more about your chronic bronchitis to better manage your symptoms and improve your health.
A Sampling of Chronic Bronchitis Support Services
American Lung Association
This website hosts information on chronic bronchitis and COPD.
National Heart, Blood and Lung Institute
This website explores bronchitis, its causes, treatments and symptoms.