How We Can Help
Cystic Fibrosis Treatment Information
IU Health gives you access to many treatments, some that are not available anywhere else in the state, including:
- Antibiotics. Our physicians will supply you with the antibiotics you need to manage your risk of bacterial infections.
- Physical therapy. Physical therapy loosens mucus, makes you cough and increases lung function in effective and safe ways.
- Respiratory therapy. During respiratory therapy, your ability to breathe will be monitored and improved through various exercises and treatments.
- New medications. Our physicians will assist you in getting access to some of the latest medical innovations in the treatment of cystic fibrosis.
- Lung transplant. IU Health is the only healthcare system in Indiana to offer lung transplants. Lung transplants assists patients whose lungs are severely damaged by cystic fibrosis. While this will remove symptoms of cystic fibrosis from the lungs, the disease will continue to affect the sinuses, digestive tract and reproductive tract.
- Access to clinical research trials. IU Health pulmonologists perform clinical trials for cystic fibrosis, allowing you to undergo the latest treatments.
Cystic Fibrosis Locations & Physicians
Use the search options below to find treatments available in your area.
Find a Specialist
Enter a Zip Code to find a specialist at IU Health.
Cystic Fibrosis Support Services
Treatments for cystic fibrosis are constantly evolving to improve the quality of life and life expectancy. Stay up-to-date on cystic fibrosis through the following websites:
A Sampling of Cystic Fibrosis Support Services
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
This website features the latest cystic fibrosis news, information on treatments and support for patients living with cystic fibrosis.
National Heart, Blood and Lung Institute
This website provides information on treating and living with cystic fibrosis.