How We Can Help
Interstitial Lung Diseases Treatment Information
Our physicians provide the diagnostic and treatment services you need to breathe better, including:
- Pulmonary function tests. Pulmonary function tests are diagnostic tools that evaluate your lung volume and ability to absorb oxygen through the lungs.
- Computed Tomography (CT) scans. CT scans give physicians detailed images of your lungs so your physician can properly diagnose any lung disease.
- Lung biopsy. A lung biopsy, where a small piece of lung tissue is removed, may be necessary for the best diagnosis of your condition.
- Management of conditions. If you are diagnosed with lung disease, our pulmonologists will work with you to manage your condition through pulmonary rehabilitation, medications and lifestyle changes.
- Prescription medications. Some medications reduce lung inflammation and lessen the amount of scarring caused by interstitial lung diseases.
- Oxygen therapy. If your lungs are not properly absorbing oxygen due to damage, oxygen therapy may help your body function better.
- Lung transplant. In very severe cases, a lung transplant may be necessary to treat interstitial lung disease. IU Health is the only healthcare system that performs lung transplants in Indiana.
Interstitial Lung Diseases Locations & Physicians
Use the search options below to find treatments available in your area.
Find a Specialist
Enter a Zip Code to find a specialist at IU Health.
Interstitial Lung Diseases Support Services
Interstitial lung disease, also called pulmonary fibrosis, varies greatly from person to person. Learning more about the condition at the websites below helps you better understand the disease:
A Sampling of Interstitial Lung Diseases Support Services
American Lung Association
This website provides in-depth resources on understanding and living with interstitial lung disease.
National Heart, Blood and Lung Institute
This site features information on diagnosis and treatment of interstitial lung diseases.