The Investigational Drug Services (IDS) is part of the Indiana University Health Pharmacy Department. The IDS specializes in investigational drug studies and coordinates studies for both inpatient and outpatient protocols at IU Health University Hospital, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, and IU Health Methodist Hospital, and IU Simon Cancer Center.
The IDS facilitates approximately 350 ongoing studies.
- Services provided by IDS include:
- Study drug inventory ordering, maintenance, and dispensing
- IV drug preparation
- Drug accountability record maintenance
- Prescription form development
- Study blinding and/or randomization maintenance
- Hosts monitor review visits and audit reviews
- Protocol or IRB consultation on requirements relative to study drugs