Contact Allergy and Asthma
How To Make An Appointment
For appointments for your child at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health or at Indiana University Health North:
Appointment line: 317.944.7268
For appointments in our Bloomington office:
Appointment line: 812.333.2304
The Allergy & Asthma department at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health or at Indiana University Health North only treat children.
When making your appointment, please verify the location.
Allergy and Asthma at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is located at:
575 Hospital Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Please park in the Riley Outpatient Center (ROC) garage on West St. and Michigan Ave. across from the Union Building on the IUPUI campus.
Allergy and Asthma at IU Health North is located at:
11700 North Meridian Street
Carmel, IN 46032
This office is located on the northwest corner of 116th and North Meridian Streets. There is ample parking, but the best location is on the west side facing the office building.
Allergy and Asthma in Bloomington, IN is located at:
651 South Clarizz Blvd.
Bloomington, IN 47401
New Patient Information
- New patients should arrive 30 minutes before their appointment to allow time for necessary preliminary work.
- Even if you are already registered, please anticipate that there may be traffic and/or construction and arrive early.
- Bring any medical records you have.
- Be sure to have referrals if your insurance requires them.
- If your appointment includes skin testing, no antihistamines should be given for seven days prior to the visit.
- Antihistamines are the only medications that need to be stopped before an appointment. Call us regarding medications that are known as beta-blockers or tricyclic antidepressants as these may have an impact on our ability to perform allergy skin tests.
We send new patient letters before every new patient visit. If you have not received a new patient letter before your visit, call the office. We will go over the letter with you or fax a copy to you. Our appointment setters will discuss with you the need to arrive early and a few other items. Please feel free to check with us about your new patient appointment by calling 317-274-7205.
A legal guardian must accompany all minor children on a first visit. We cannot accept a letter or phone call regarding this as a substitute. If the adult who is with the child is not the parent, we need a note signed by a judge authorizing guardianship.
If you need to cancel an appointment, please call as soon as possible.
New patient appointments require an hour and follow-up appointments require 15 minutes. If you are an established patient, but have a new allergy issue, please ask the appointment scheduler for a 30- or 60-minute visit.