Correct Use of Maxair Metered-Dose Inhaler
- Remove the cap and hold inhaler upright.
- Inspect mouthpiece for foreign objects.
- Shake the inhaler.
- Push tab up to set dosage.
- Tilt your head back slightly and breathe out slowly.
- Place mouthpiece in mouth.
- Breathe in deeply and the medication will automatically be discharged.
- Hold your breath for 10 seconds to allow the medicine to reach deeply into your lungs.
- Repeat puffs as directed starting with Step 4. Wait 1 minute between puffs to help the medicine get farther into the lungs.