Correct Use of Pulmicort Flexhaler
- Remove cap.
- Inspect mouth piece for foreign objects.
- While holding upright, twist the grip fully to the right or left, then back again.
- You will hear a click.
- Breathe out slowly.
- Close mouth tightly around mouthpiece.
- Breathe in rapidly and deeply.
- Hold your breath for 10 seconds to allow the medication to reach deeply into your lungs.*
- If repeat inhalation needed, repeat from Step 3.
* Recommended by Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health, but not required by manufacturer.