Audiology & Speech Pathology
Schedule an appointment
Improving Children's Hearing and Speech
Audiology and speech/language pathology at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health provides services for children with speech, feeding, hearing and balance difficulties.
Children are referred to our audiology and speech/language pathology program from all over Indiana. Members of all teams within the department are extensively trained and have significant experience evaluating and treating children with even the most challenging disorders.
Our services include:
- Speech/language evaluation and treatment: For children who have difficulty producing speech sounds correctly or who have trouble understanding or using language.
- Voice and resonance evaluation and treatment: For children with voice issues, like hoarseness, or for children whose speech has too much or too little nasality.
- Outpatient feeding evaluation and treatment: For children who are “picky eaters” or have difficulty swallowing food or liquid.
- Videofluoroscopic swallow studies: For children who have difficulty eating and drinking and need an X-ray to see their swallow.
- Alternative and augmentative communication: For children who have difficulty communicating with words.
- Inpatient services: For children who have difficulty with feeding or communicating while admitted to the hospital.