- Find a Doctor
What to Expect
Advantages of Bringing Your Child to Riley Cancer Center at IU Health
You’ll find our approach to you and your child empowering and directed at treating your child, not just your child’s disorder. Our multidisciplinary team includes you in treatment decisions by giving you in-depth information about your child’s condition and working with you to develop a treatment plan that’s right for your family.
Our team includes 19 medical specialists and 11 cancer nurses focused specifically on childhood cancers and blood diseases. Their specialties include:
- Stem cell transplant
- Radiation therapy
- Cancer survivorship
We have ongoing clinical trials of the latest cancer-fighting drugs and other therapies, which can give your child access to the newest cancer treatments.
Successes at Riley Cancer at IU Health
Over the last decade, we’ve developed treatments and taken part in discoveries that are changing the way doctors all over the world treat children with cancer. These advances include:
- Increasing the survival rate by 10 percent for infants and toddlers treated with high-dose chemotherapy for high-risk neuroblastoma
- Using the medication Zinecard to reduce the risk of heart problems during the treatment of osteosarcoma (bone cancer)
- Increasing the survival rate 10 percent for acute myelogenous leukemia
- Treating brain cancer with state-of-the-art proton beam radiation
- Opening a new clinical trial with the drug Tensirolimus that precisely targets the signaling pathways of cancer cells to stop cancer growth and kill cancer cells
Our team treats more than 80 percent of children and adolescents diagnosed with cancer in Indiana. We are affiliated with the IU Simon Cancer Center, the state's only NCI designated Cancer Center for clinical care. Riley has Indiana's only pediatric stem cell transplant program and is a Children's Oncology Group Phase I Consortium member. Our patients are able to access the latest clinical trials and cutting edge medications all while under the care of highly skilled physicians and staff.
Ranked 46th in Cancer.