HELPING CHILDREN DEVELOP TO THEIR FULLEST POTENTIAL.
Developmental Pediatrics at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health provides services for infants, children and adolescents from birth to age 18. We serve patients who are experiencing developmental issues and have their own individual needs. These children may learn in a special way, have physical challenges that are different from other children or have behavioral issues that require special attention at home, in school, or in the community. Our team of highly qualified specialists determines the needs of each child and develops unique and total care plans.
Our team evaluates, diagnoses and treats development disorders including:
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Cerebral palsy
- Chromosomal abnormalities
- Down syndrome
- Developmental disabilities/mental health disorders
- Learning disabilities
- Mental retardation
- Spina bifida/myelomeningocele
The Riley team offers:
- A complete diagnostic evaluation to create a blueprint for care
- Therapy to help families and teachers better manage the behavior, communication and learning problems of children with developmental disabilities
- Family support services and resources ranging from parent discussion groups to a special needs toy library
- Services to help transition children to adult life