At Riley Hospital's Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center (EMTC), Board Certified Emergency physicians and specially trained nursing staff are dedicated to the various urgent needs of ill and injured children. Riley's EMTC serves patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year round and cares for over 34,000 children annually. The EMTC and combined trauma services at Riley Hospital has been verified as Level I by the American College of Surgeon's Committee on Trauma, which makes Riley the only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center in the state, and one of less than 50 children's hospitals in the nation with this verification. Riley's EMTC is additionally staffed with on-call specialists in every field of pediatric medicine and surgery.
Riley Hospital's EMTC serves as a pediatric emergency department to the general public and can be accessed by walk-in, pediatrician or hospital referral or by contacting any emergency medical service (EMS) and requesting Riley Hospital.
Features of Riley Hospital for Children's EMTC include:
- The only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center in Indiana.
- The only Level I Pediatric Burn Center in Indiana.
- Specially trained surgeons, physicians, medical residents and other clinicians with extensive experience in pediatric emergency medicine.
- Riley participates in one of the three only training programs in the nation that combines Emergency Medicine and Pediatric Residency.
- The Center of Hope department staffed with on-call forensic nurses specially trained to care for children who have been sexually assaulted.
- Child Life Specialists to assist with children’s experiences in a healthcare environment. Our unit also includes kid-friendly amenities including child-sized equipment and supplies, children's movies, books and video games.
The overall services Riley Hospital's EMTC offers make it the best pediatric emergency medical care center in the state. If your child is in need of urgent care and can not be seen by their primary care physician, please know you are welcome.
We are located at:
705 Riley Hospital Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Please contact us, by calling 317-944-3936.