This program in central Mexico provides basic health care and health education in a partnership between IUSM and the Universidad Autonoma de Hidalgo.
IUSM/Riley Hospital for Childen at IU Health faculty working with Calnali partnership:
- Kelly Anderson - Participated in assisting with medical students and presenting educational sessions to nursing students. He also spent a week in Pacucha, Hildalgo in the children's hospital.
- Diane Lorant - Takes medical students to Calnali, Mexico during spring break annually. For two years, she has taught NRP to local Calnali, Mexico healthcare workers. She collects supplies that are needed for the physicians in Calnai, Mexico. During the summer, she also goes to Mexico to build homes.
- Sarah Stelzner - Takes medical students to Calnali, Mexico during spring break every year. She is also involved with the Bi-National Cross Cultural Health Enhancement Signature Center/ Calnali International Services learning project.
- Diane Lorant and Sarah Stelzner are the liaisons for a partnership with Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Hidalgo. Pediatric residents from that institution will rotate for one month electives at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health and 1-2 month elective rotations are available for IU medical students and Pediatric residents at the Hospital para Niños DIF in Pachuca Mexico.
- Alvaro Tori - Prepared presentations for nurses and physicians in Calnali, Mexico.