We are delighted that you are interested in visiting Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health. Your generosity in wishing to help make the hospital a positive experience for our patients and families is greatly appreciated. Special Events mean a lot to a hospitalized child. The following guidelines have been put together to help you understand the needs of our patients and families:
- All special events and visitors must be approved and scheduled in advance by the Child Life Department through the Special Events Coordinator at 317.944.8293.
- Special events must be facilitated by a Child Life Staff member; therefore events will be scheduled as staffing permits. The suggested times for events are Monday-Friday 10am-12pm or 2pm-4pm. These are only suggested times that correspond with scheduled Child Life activities. Please discuss any special circumstances with the Special Events Coordinator.
- All special visitors must be at least 18 years of age or older to comply with Infection Control Policies set up for the safety of our patients. There are options available for younger groups, if they would like to complete a project outside of the hospital to be utilized by patients in the hospital.
- In order to maintain a healing environment for our patients and families, there are limited times that opportunities are available for groups. We may ask your group to assist us OUTSIDE of the hospital and bring items in at a later time. We may also ask your group to assist with departmental tasks that do not involve direct patient contact. Share these ideas with your group.
- An Outside Group is a group that volunteers with Riley Hospital for Children Child Life Program at Indiana University Health no more than 1 time in one year. If you would like to volunteer on a more consistent basis, please contact Volunteer Services at 317.944.8682.
- Arrangements must be made in advance if you wish to have photographs of patients taken for personal use or publication. Written permission from the parent on an Indiana University Health Partners Media Release Form is required and needs to be filled out by a Riley Child Life Program at IU Health staff member. Media coverage of an event may frighten children, or they may become apprehensive in front of a camera. Requests for photographs will be granted or declined on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you again for your interest in helping the patients and families at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health!