Dining & Food Services
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health Food Services
Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health strives to offer a variety of nutritious meal options to its patients and guests. Food and beverage offerings can be found at the following locations within Riley at IU Health:
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health Cafeteria
The cafeteria offers a full selection of meals, including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- First floor off the atrium lobby near the Barnhill Drive entrance
- Open daily, 6 am – 2 pm
Red Wagon Café
A full service grab-and-go café, the Red Wagon Café offers hot entrees, specialty sandwiches, made-to-order salads and gourmet soups. The café also features a convenience store where you can find bags of fruits and veggies, milk, eggs, casseroles, etc.
- First floor of the Simon Family Tower, main lobby
- Open daily, 6:30 am – 2:30 am
Patio Café at Riley Outpatient Center at IU Health
The Patio Café offers many items, including wraps, sandwiches and soup.
- First floor of the Riley Outpatient Center at IU Health, by the gift shop
- Monday – Friday, 11 am – 2 pm
Copper Moon Coffee
The café features a rotating menu of cold and hot beverage and food items, including specialty coffees and blended drinks, pastries, salads, fresh fruits and healthy snacks.
- First floor, close to the main cafeteria
- Monday – Friday, 6 am – 9 pm
- Saturday – Sunday, 7 am – 5 pm
Vending machines are located throughout the hospital.
Patient meals are ordered by room service. This lets you order what you want when you want it.
How does "Room Service" work?
- After the doctor orders a diet for you, you will get a menu. If your diet changes, you will get a new menu. If you did not get a menu and are ready to order, call *33 (only works in your room) or 963.2222. An operator will help you order.
- You may order 6:30 am – 7:30 pm. Breakfast is served all day. Lunch and dinner items are served 11 am – 7:30 pm.
- After you make your choices, call *33 or 963.2222. A Call Center Operator will take your order. Your tray will come in about 45 minutes.
If you have questions about your meal, ask to talk to the Room Service Ambassador. Or call *33.
Would you like a visitor or family member to eat with you?
- Guests may order meals at the same time you order your meal.
- Your guest needs to go to the cafeteria to pay for the meal before it is delivered. When the tray comes, the guest has to show the receipt for the meal.
- Guest trays are $6.95 each. A guest tray coupon booklet may be purchased for $30 (good for 5 meals).
Ordering ahead of time OR from outside the hospital
- If you want to order meals ahead of time or place an order for more than 1 meal at a time, call the Call Center Operator at *33 or 963.2222. Tell the operator what times are best for you to eat.
- Your family can order your meals even when they are away from the hospital. Call 317.963.2222 or toll-free, 1.866.500.4314 to order a meal.
IUPUI Campus Food Services
There is a food court at the IUPUI Campus Center with several quick service restaurants. Chancellor's is a full-service restaurant located in the University Place Hotel and Conference Center. You can get a list of these restaurants and their hours of operation at the Information desk. In addition, there is a cafeteria in Indiana University Hospital on the first floor. Other dining options are available on the IUPUI Campus Dining Map.