There are so many ways that exercise is good for your body and mind. Circle all the ways that you think exercise can improve your health:
- Your heart becomes stronger
- You can be active for a longer time
- Your muscles get stronger
- Your bones get stronger
- Your breathing muscles become stronger
- You will feel less short of breath when you exercise
- Your posture improves
- You can stay healthy as you get older
- Prevents depression or relieves symptoms of depression
- Reduces generalized anxiety
- Improves mood
- Improves self esteem
- Mental stress affects you less
- Improves ability to concentrate
- Enhances feeling of well-being
- Improves quality of sleep
Having asthma can make you feel different from others. But since exercise is recommended for everyone, you can share it with your family and friends.
When you are exercising it is important to pay attention to how hard you are pushing yourself or exerting yourself. We will discuss this at your next visit. [CLICK HERE] to see the exertion scale.
Block #2 Activity
Physical Activity Log
To complete this activity we would like for you to fill out a Physical Activity log for the next few weeks and bring it to your next appointment along with your Riley Hospital for Children Stay Active in Life (SAIL) at Indiana University Health binder. You may use the log that we have developed or you may develop your own. If you develop your own log, please address all areas of information that you see in ours.