The Edward A. Block Family Library is like a small public library for our inpatients and outpatients (on the day of their visit) and their families. We have books for babies to adults, DVD's, Wii's, computer access with printer capabilites...for a full list see our services below. We will aso be happy to assist you with any reference questions from general questions to Medical information.
Please visit our online catalog, the link is to the right of this page. You can also download our app "Library Link" on your IPhone or IPad to access our catalog on the go. From our online catalog or Library link you can reserve an item, put something on hold or even write a review of a book. For an ID or password please visit the library or give us a call at the number below and we will be happy to assist you.
The Library is located on the first floor of Riley and has three entrances:
Main Entrance: Within the Frank and Marian Snyder Resource Center next to the chapel and at the opposite end of the hall from the Ronald McDonald House at Riley.
Back Door: Just off of Savannah Avenue in the Simon Family Tower.
Side Door: Located off of the Franklin Courtyard, this is the original entrance to the hospital in 1924.
Hours of operation
Monday - Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
*Night and Weekend Hours may vary due to volunteer coverage.
For More Information Call
Tel: 317.944.1149 or 317.948.1645
- Medical and support-related books, brochures, and Internet resources
- Recreational Books For Adults, Young Adults and Children
- DVD's (G & PG)
- Music CD's
- CD Players
- Television for viewing DVD's, Television or CCTV
- Board Games & Puzzles
- Informational fairs and other educational programs
How To Use Library Services
- Books other than those marked as non-circulating may be checked out for a period of two weeks.
- DVD's/CD's/ and Board Games/Puzzles may be checked out for a period of two days.
- Patients name and room number/unit/clinic are all that are needed to check out items.
- Game Cube/Wii games cannot be checked out they are for Library use only.
- DVD's may be viewed on The Library Television.
The information at the Riley Edward A. Block Family Library supplements the ongoing educational efforts of the child's doctors, nurses, and other health care professionals, and does not replace the medical instruction and education provided by the child's physician.
The staff of the Library cannot provide interpretations, counseling or advice. It is important for families to consult their child's physician if they have any questions or concerns.