Ronald McDonald House
The primary mission of the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana is to provide a supportive home-away-from-home for families of seriously ill or injured children receiving medical treatment at Indianapolis-area hospitals, primarily Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health.
The Ronald McDonald House of Indiana consists of two locations with distinct functions to meet the varying needs of the families we serve. Both locations include living areas, kitchens, quiet rooms for conversation or contemplation, laundry rooms, showers and places where families can nap when needed. Most importantly, families are just moments from their hospitalized children.
Ronald McDonald House of Indiana
435 Limestone Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
Front office opens 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., seven days a week
Phone: (317) 269-2247
Our original location, located at 435 Limestone St. on the IUPUI campus, has 46 guest rooms and six apartments designed for the special needs of patients and their families.
The House offers guest families:
- Close proximity to their hospitalized children
- A comfortable place to sleep
- Financial relief
- Home-cooked meals provided by the community
- Gathering areas for families to share their experiences
- Full-equipped family-style kitchens and laundry areas
- Library area with books and games donated by the community
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
Sanctury Within The Hospital
Ronald McDonald House at Riley at IU Health
705 Riley Hospital Drive
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
Open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week
Phone: (317) 944-2236
The Ronald McDonald House at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health includes a day-retreat area open to any family with an inpatient at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health as well as six guestrooms specifically for families with a child in one of Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health’s critical care units. Any parent, grandparent or legal guardian of an inpatient or chemotherapy outpatient at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is welcome at the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health. Because it is an area designed for respite and relaxation, we ask that you not bring patients into the House.
The following services are available:
- A pantry and kitchen stocked with donated food where guests can make a meal or snack to enjoy in the eating area
- A laundry room with detergent provided
- A quiet room for reading, meditating and rest
- Shower facilities and rooms to nap in from 12-3:30 p.m.
- Six overnight guest rooms for families whose children are being treated in one of the Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health Critical Care Units. (Families are referred to these six guest rooms by Riley at IU Health Social Work Clinical Coordinators.)
To meet some of the families who have stayed with the Ronald McDonald House visit the Ronald McDonald House website.