The Ronald McDonald House at Riley exists to provide a home-away-from-home for families with sick or injured children being treated at Indianapolis area hospitals, primarily Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health.
Ronald McDonald House at RIley is about to help even more families through the new Ronald McDonald House at Riley Expansion located within the walls of the hospital in theRiley Frank and Marian Snyder Family Resource Center at IU Health. Through a partnership with Riley at IU Health, Ronald McDonald House at Riley will open six overnight guest rooms for parents with children in Riley Pediatric Critical Care at IU Health within the hospital. In addition, the parent respite area will provide families with a soothing place to escape the hospital environment.
The Indiana Ronald McDonald House opened in 1982 with 24 guest rooms. In 2002, the Ronald McDonald House had an average occupancy rate of 99 percent and served families from 84 Indiana counties, 15 other states and four international countries.
With the opening of the facility within Riley at IU Health, even more families will experience the comfort, compassion and hospitality of Ronald McDonald House at Riley.
- Overnight Accommodations: Six rooms are available, with laundry and shower facilities.
- Common Area, parent respite: This is a place for parents to take a break from the hospital environment, to rest in a spacious living room, enjoy a two-sided fireplace, watch a plasma screen television and use the kitchen with stocked pantry and laundry facilities. There is also a courtyard available for families using the facility.
Hours of operation:
Ronald McDonald House at Riley
Hours of operation:
9 am - 9 pm, seven days a week
For more information, call:
Ronald McDonald House at Riley Manager
Room 1509 at Riley
Who can be referred to the Ronald McDonald House at Riley Expansion?
- Parent Respite Area: This area is open to parents and family. Families using the facility will need a Riley at IU Health visitor's pass. The parent respite area will be exclusive for parents and families; therefore, this will be a non-patient area. Physicians and other hospital staff may tour the area by appointment. (NOTE: Parents of chemotherapy outpatients may also use this facility.)
- Overnight Guest Rooms: First priority for the sleeping rooms will be parents or guardians of a child currently a patient on one of the Riley Pediatric Critical Care at IU Health: ICU North, ICU South, Newborn ICU, Burn Unit and Stem Cell Transplant Unit.
- Riley at IU Health Social Work Clinical Coordinators will determine overnight accommodation assignments.