At Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health, the clinical social workers know that your child’s illness, chronic health needs or life-threatening medical issues can be challenging and stressful for your family. Our MSW licensed social workers can assist with your child’s hospitalization and outpatient medical needs by carefully being involved in your social needs. The social worker goal is to provide you with supports, interventions and resources that will strengthen your family.

The following are some of the services available:

  • Psychosocial assessment
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Therapeutic support
  • Coordination of financial resources
  • Referrals to community/state resources
  • Assessment for substance abuse
  • Resources for family violence and abuse
  • Discharge planning and problem solving
  • Advocacy for patient individual needs
  • Education and navigation through medical system

To request a social work consult please ask your doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider. The social work office is located on the third floor of the hospital off of the Resource elevators.

You can call the social work office directly at 317.944.8312.