- The number of pediatric cardiac surgical cases provided at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health averages 650 per year.
- Over the past decade, the volume of pediatric cardiac surgeries performed have increased by 7% per year.
- Our pediatric cardiac surgeons practice the most recent advances in muscle sparring surgical techniques that also promote the least amount of scarring possible.
Riley Cardiology at IU Health:
- performs clinical services to approximately 6,000 outpatients per year;
- performs 375-400 diagnostic cardiac catheterizations;
- performs 4,800 echocardiograms per year.
- Riley at IU Health has 32 Intensive Care Unit beds and 48 Newborn Intensive Care Unit beds.
- Riley at IU Health operating rooms have two dedicated, state of the art cardiovascular surgery suites, capable of multiple procedures per day.
- Many new methods of care are offered including Nitric Oxide administration for pulmonary hypertension.
- This team of experts can provide services using the ECMO (extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation) support unit, as needed in certain life threatening situations.
- Riley at IU Health is the only hospital in Indiana that provides the ECMO support unit.