Life Starts Here
Whether you’re anticipating complications following the birth of your child, or they come unexpectedly, you want the most experienced team caring for your family. Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health offers the most advanced neonatology services and innovative technology in the state. Our 60-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is the the only comprehensive Level 4 nursery, providing the highest level of care available for all neonatal patients needing specialized treatment options.
Our comprehensive NICU services include:
- Advanced Mobile ICU Transport Units for transferring premature infants from anywhere in Indiana and surrounding states
- neonatal cardiac surgery
- neonatal extracorporeal membrane oxygenation
- total body cooling
- advanced mechanical ventilation modalities
- Cardiac monitoring
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Home ventilation care
- Metabolic regulation
- Perinatal Fetal Center with high risk delivery support
- Pediatric surgery, including all subspecialties such as neurosurgery, ENT surgery and urology
Our neonatology specialists, including doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, social workers and surgical sub-specialists in every field are available around the clock to care for your newborn.
We have the clinical expertise and a long history of experienced neonatologists on staff to provide sophisticated treatment options. In addition, we offer the latest research advances in conjunction with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s top-ranked academic teaching hospitals.