In order to make visitation in the Recovery Room as smooth as possible, we ask that you follow the guidelines below.
- Only two visitors are allowed at a time due to limited space in the Recovery Room.
- No one under the age of 16 is allowed to visit with patients in the Recovery Room.
- Due to increases in our patient population, there is a possibility that your child may be held in the Recovery Room for an extended time before their admission bed assignment becomes available.
- Please do not come to the Recovery Room until we call for you. If your surgeon tells you that your child is going to the Recovery Room, it often means only that the procedure itself is done. Additional time is needed for the anesthesiologist to wake your child and move them to the Recovery Room. It will then take time to get your child settled in. This can take an hour or more after the surgeon talks to you.
- There is a Family Support Nurse available during the day, Monday through Friday. The nurse will make rounds on a frequent basis between the Operating Room, the Recovery and the Surgery Waiting Area. They will be able to give you information about your child's surgery and recovery.
- If you decide to leave the Surgery Waiting Area for any reason, please sign out at the desk. This will help us if we need to find you. If you are in the waiting area around a mealtime, we do encourage you to eat. Please feel free to answer the phone at the desk if it rings when the host or hostess is away from the waiting area.
If you need to contact Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health Main Day Surgery, please call the number listed below.
If you need to contact ROC Surgery, LLC at IU Health Ambulatory Surgery, please call the number listed below.