At Indiana University Health, renowned cancer specialists provide comprehensive cancer treatment as part of Indiana’s largest cancer care network. We offer advanced cancer treatments throughout Indiana so your care is close to home.
Cancer treatment at Indiana University Health Tipton Hospital is provided by board certified oncologists, hematologists and registered nurses. Our oncology nurses are certified through the Oncology Nurses Society, which promotes excellence in oncology nursing and transformation of cancer care.
Our highly skilled physicians work with you to develop a treatment plan that is customized for you. Your plan may include treatment options such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy or even clinical trials.
IU Health Tipton Hospital partners with the Indiana University School of Medicine and the Indiana University Health Melvin & Bren Simon Cancer Center, the state’s only cancer center with National Cancer Institute designation. These partnerships give you access to leading-edge treatments based on innovative cancer research.
Jump ahead on this page
On-site services and treatments include:
- Cancer risk assessments and early detection programs
- Comprehensive, customized treatment plans
- Full-service radiology and imaging
- Surgical services
- Infusion chemotherapy
- Other intravenous and oral therapies
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Community cancer resources
Services available by referral include:
- Clinical trial participation via the IU Health Simon Cancer Center
- Radiation therapy
- Breast surgery specialists
- Plastic surgeons for mastectomy with reconstruction/oncoplastic breast preservation/reduction/augmentation
- Prevention/risk counseling
- Genetic counseling
- Free wellness classes for the mind, body and spirit
Schedule a cancer risk assessment at IU Health Tipton Hospital by calling our Cancer Services office at 765.675.8397.
IU Health Tipton Hospital offers convenient access to breast mammography screenings. Early morning appointments are available every weekday, and our staff works with you to make scheduling convenient. You benefit from quick, accurate diagnosis with the latest digital screenings. If needed, we can help coordinate your care from biopsy to diagnosis.
Schedule your mammogram today by calling 765.675.8538. Annual mammograms are typically covered by insurance and require a co-pay at the time of your appointment.
"Turn Pink with Tipton: The Panel is Open for Questions!"
Tuesday, Oct. 27
IU Health Tipton Hospital
3rd Floor Education Classroom
IU Health Tipton Hospital is celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month by turning pink and inviting the women of Tipton to come ask questions and learn about breast cancer straight from the experts!
- 6:00-6:45pm - Breast Cancer Panel of Experts
- Dr. S. Hamid Sayar, Oncologist
- Dr. Kandice Ludwig, Breast Surgeon
- Cynthia Hunter, Geneticist
- Lori Tragesser, Patient
- 6:45-7:30pm - Vendor Booths Open to Public
How Do I Sign Up?
RSVP by calling 765.675.1941! We encourage everyone who attends to wear pink!
Open Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4 pm (closed holidays)
1000 South Main Street
Tipton, IN 46072
To visit our office, park on the north side of the hospital and enter through entrance #4. Our office is the first door on the left.
Angie Murray's Story
In May 2013, 44-year-old Tipton resident Angie Murray was surprised and frightened by her own breast cancer diagnosis. Her first concern was making sure she survived to help steer her teenage sons toward…
View Full Story