Heart & Vascular Care
Request an Appointment Find a Doctor
The heart and vascular specialists at Indiana University Health provide comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for all conditions affecting the heart and vascular system.
The Level One Heart Attack Program at Indiana University Health Tipton Hospital provides fast, coordinated care when you need it most. Constant communication among our team members and with your family ensures everyone is informed at every stage of your care. IU Health Tipton Hospital is proud to offer $49 heart scans for patients at risk for heart disease. These screenings are done with same-day preliminary results.
Our staff includes registered cardiac sonographers and a cardiology registered nurse navigator.
Your nurse navigator:
- Serves as a link between you, your cardiologist and the services you need
- Understands your needs and provides necessary education, information and resources
- Maintains contact with you and answers questions to ease your stress
- Helps coordinate and schedule tests and services to ensure prompt treatment
- Communicates with physicians, support services personnel and your family to make sure you receive appropriate services and support
Our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine includes access to the latest research, which helps us improve outcomes for our patients.
Jump ahead on this page
IU Health Tipton Hospital cardiology lab services include:
- Cardiology clinic
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Echocardiographic stress test
- Doppler color flow imaging
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- 24-hour Holter monitors
- 30-day event recorders
- Pacemaker checks
- Cardiac rehabilitation
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at IU Health Tipton Hospital is designed to improve the physical, mental and emotional health of people who have a cardiac event, such as open-heart surgery, heart attack, angioplasty, coronary stents and cardiovascular disease.
The three phases of cardiac rehabilitation are:
- Phase I (inpatient). Emphasizes education and early ambulation.
- Phase II (outpatient). A telemetry monitored program that begins after you are dismissed from the hospital and focuses on education and gradually increased exercise.
- Phase III (outpatient). A maintenance program offered at the hospital fitness center.
Inpatient (Phase I) and outpatient (Phase II) cardiac rehabilitation is covered by most insurance plans and requires a physician’s referral. Phase III costs $27 per month.
The cardiac rehabilitation department is open Monday through Friday 8 am – 4 pm. For more information, contact our cardiac rehab nurse at 765.675.8580.
The Specialty Care Center at IU Health Tipton Hospital is an office where highly skilled physicians see cardiology patients, reducing the need to travel out of town for consultations and follow-up visits. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 765.675.1759.
Open Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4 pm (closed holidays)
For more information, contact the cardiology manager at 765.675.8575 or the cardiology scheduler at 765.675.1759.
To schedule a $49 heart scan, please call 765.675.8538.
Ron Huff's Story
Ron Huff, an active family man and Master Trooper with the Indiana State Police, had no prior symptoms before his heart attack. He shares his story, and his advice to anyone who may suffer from a similar…
View Full Story
Mike & Whitney's Story
Meet Mike and his daughter Whitney. When Whitney heard about the heart scans during her nursing program, she had no idea that her actions would lead to saving her dad's life. Hear their story, and…
View Full Story