Mission, Vision, Values
Indiana University Health's mission is to improve the health of our patients and community through innovation and excellence in care, education, research and service.
- Total patient care, including mind, body and spirit
- Excellence in education for health care providers
- Quality of care and respect for life
- Charity, equality and justice in health care
- Leadership in health promotion and wellness
- Excellence in research
- An internal community of mutual trust and respect
The vision that guides IU Health is as follows: "We will lead the transformation of healthcare through quality, innovation and education, and make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states."
However, we're not restricted to what happens inside each of our hospital walls. Our support extends to the greater Indiana community as well.
Our annual outreach efforts include:
- Reaching more than 500,000 people with more than 100 health education, wellness and service programs.
- Providing more than $96,004,638 in charity care to children and families statewide.
- Partnering and sponsorships with public agencies and private sector organizations to improve the health of the community.