Request an Appointment Find a Doctor
Indiana University Health University Hospital treats common skin problems as well as rare and complicated conditions such as skin cancer or genetic skin diseases.
IU Health University Hospital specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of acute and chronic skin disorders. We offer diagnostic evaluations, emergency consultations and advanced therapy options. In partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, we conduct on-going dermatologic research and clinical trials.
In addition to treatment for general skin, hair and nail disorders, the dermatology department at IU Health University Hospital gives patients:
- The most advanced laser therapy options in the state of Indiana.
- Comprehensive cosmetic skin services, including chemical peels and injections.
- A team of oncologic surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation therapists, pathologists and experts in molecular medicine leading the way in skin cancer removal and reconstruction, using the latest techniques including Mohs micrographic surgery.
- An on-site surgical facility that provides quick and precise diagnoses and treatment of pre-cancerous and cancerous skin conditions, removal of moles and skin cancer and all types of surgery for the skin.
For pediatric patients, the physicians at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health have the expertise to treat infants, children, adolescents and young adults with all types of skin disorders.
Jump ahead on this page
Dermatology treatment at IU Health University Hospital covers every inch of your skin’s surface, from common conditions to more complex disorders, such as vitiligo, genetic diseases that affect the skin and dermatological manifestations of systemic illnesses.
Common conditions we treat include:
- Contact dermatitis
- Hair loss
- Pigmentary disorders
We offer comprehensive surgical treatment options including:
- Excision of benign, premalignant and malignant skin lesions
- Cryosurgery (freezing)
- Electrosurgery (high-frequency electric current)
- Laser surgery (laser light)
- Removal of squamous cell and basal cell melanoma
IU Health University Hospital is home to fellowship trained surgeons performing Mohs micrographic surgery, the most non-intrusive surgery available for skin cancer removal and facial reconstruction. An on-site surgical facility enables faster diagnosis and treatment and better overall outcomes for patients.
IU Health University Hospital evaluates and manages cosmetic concerns of the skin, including hair loss, scars and skin changes associated with aging. We offer a full range of medical and surgical cosmetic procedures to rejuvenate your skin, including:
- Chemical skin peels
- Laser hair removal
- Laser skin tightening
- Laser facial treatment
- Retinoid therapy
- Skin fillers
- Sclerotherapy (spider vein removal)
- Cleansing and exfoliating facials
Call direct: 317.944.7744
We are located at: 550 University Blvd., Indianapolis, IN 46202
Any physician, healthcare professional or healthcare agency may refer a patient to IU Health University Hospital dermatology services.
Call direct: 317.944.7744