Request an Appointment Find a Doctor
Receiving a transplant can mean a new lease on life. That’s why patients come from all over the region and beyond to Indiana University Health Transplant for highly skilled surgeons and state-of-the-art operating facilities.
Indiana University Health Transplant provides the highest quality of care and range of services for patients needing a kidney, pancreas, liver, intestine/multivisceral, heart or lung transplant as well as patients with liver cancer, congenital heart disease, or heart failure who require a ventricular assist device.
The IU Health Transplant team offers individualized, ongoing care to patients, before and after transplant. From careful pre-transplant assessment to post-surgical monitoring, IU Health Transplant provides specialized clinical expertise in all related transplant services, offering:
- One of the most comprehensive transplant centers in the region
- One of the top ten transplant centers by volume in the United States
- The combined clinical expertise, research and teaching excellence of experienced physicians at IU Health Methodist Hospital, IU Health University Hospital and Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- Our expertise in the care of living and transplant recipients ensures the best possible outcome. Transplant surgeons personally review each potential donor, resulting in shorter wait times for our patients and even more importantly, a better match
- A multidisciplinary team of transplant-specialized physician specialists, surgeons, pharmacists, RN coordinators, social workers and dietitians and others
- The highly skilled pediatric transplant team at IU Health provides comprehensive, specialized care for children
Together with the Indiana University School of Medicine, we provide unparalleled experience in transplant research and innovation. As a result, IU Health Transplant is changing lives.
Read about treatments, see patient stories of strength and learn about living kidney donation at the IU Health Transplant home page.
For kidney, pancreas, liver and intestine/multivisceral transplant services:
- For patients: Call 800.382.4602 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For physicians: Call 317-944-4370 or 800-382-4602
Urgent consultations regarding a patient in fulminant liver failure/acute liver failure/acetaminophen overdose, please call the Indiana University Health 24/7 Transfer Center at 317.963.3333 or 877.247.1177.