Request an Appointment Find a Doctor
Approximately one-third of Americans have a sleep disorder that may make sleeping and waking hours difficult to get through. The lack of a good night's rest not only affects your ability to rejuvenate your body, but could also make you more susceptible to serious health conditions such as hypertension, memory loss and obesity. At Indiana University Health, our physicians diagnose problems that affect sleep quality and find solutions to improve your sleep.
The Sleep Disorders Center at Indiana University Health West Hospital is the only sleep center in west central Indiana that has earned accreditation from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. Our expert board certified physicians work with you in a comfortable, collaborative environment, meeting all your diagnostic and treatment needs.
The Sleep Disorders Center at IU Health West Hospital effectively diagnoses and treats a number of sleep disorders, including:
- Sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome
- Sleep walking and talking
- Teeth grinding
- Poor sleep habits
Our sleep medicine doctors create a comprehensive treatment plan to address the causes behind your sleep problems and teach you proper sleep hygiene. We perform sleep studies, such as polysomnograms and multiple sleep latency tests, in comfortable facilities. These tests allow doctors to monitor your heart rate, breathing and muscle movements while you sleep. Depending on your needs, we may refer you to a sleep psychologist or other specialist who can help with an underlying medical condition.
Our physicians conduct advanced research into sleep disorders through our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine. This research gives you access to advanced care and treatment so you can rest easy.
Jump ahead on this page
The Sleep Disorders team at IU Health West Hospital goes the extra mile to ensure your therapy is a success by providing proper sleep apnea education.
- We teach you about the different types of devices and masks to ensure comfort and proper fit.
- Our credentialed therapists specialize in continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy; we take as long as needed to ensure you are familiar with its use and comfortable with the equipment.
- We follow up with you at regular intervals to ensure your device is still working properly and provide replacement parts in a timely and proactive manner.
- We offer you the opportunity to visit the Sleep Apnea Education Center at IU Health West Hospital as often as needed to review equipment use and retrain.
- We feature an environment in which you experience educational and supportive instruction and feel comfortable asking any questions you may have.
View our sleep disorders checklist and check off the symptoms to learn if you may have a sleep disorder.