Nephrology & Kidney Diseases
Request an Appointment Find a Doctor
At Indiana University Health, our nephrologists provide high-quality care to diagnose and treat kidney diseases. Our physicians have years of experience treating kidney conditions at every stage of care and work closely with you to develop a personalized treatment plan.
Because kidney diseases require lifestyle changes, our physicians provide comprehensive treatment that includes education about diet and medicines. We offer dialysis in our hospitals, outpatient centers and at home. Though kidney diseases can be complicated, we are committed to ensuring you know how to manage your condition.
Indiana University Health White Memorial Hospital offers a variety of nephrology services from two fellowship-trained physicians.
- Treatment of anemia associated with chronic kidney disease management, including changes in diet, administration of medicines, a blood transfusion or antibiotics.
- Assistance with management of post-transplant patients thorough follow-up care to avoid complications, including preventing your body from rejecting a new kidney.
- Treatment of bone mineral disease when the kidneys fail to maintain the proper levels of calcium and phosphorus in the blood, which leads to abnormal bone hormone levels.
- Chronic kidney disease management, which involves lifestyle changes and medicines that can help prevent complications.
- Fluid and electrolyte management, which involves the regulation of fluids and electrolytes to treat electrolyte imbalance caused by kidney disease.
- Hypertension management involves medicine to lower blood pressure, which also helps to slow the progression of kidney disease.
- Kidney stones treatment includes the use of medicines and, if needed, surgery to remove stones that do not pass through the ureter to the bladder on their own.
- Placement of various dialysis catheters and renal biopsy.
- Management of proteinuria, which is protein in the urine and hematuria, which is blood in the urine.
Our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine gives you access to the latest research, clinical trials and treatments for kidney diseases so you receive the advanced care you need.