Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
Request an Appointment Find a Doctor
Indiana University Health offers diagnosis and treatment for the full range of orthopedic and sports medicine conditions and injuries. From your first appointment through treatment, rehabilitation and follow-up, we provide expert care to help you return to your previous level of activity quickly and safely.
At Indiana University Health White Memorial Hospital Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, we evaluate and treat soft tissue, bone and joint conditions of the extremities. Whenever possible, we exhaust nonoperative treatment before recommending surgery; however, if surgery becomes necessary, we provide the procedures you need to get back to your lifestyle.
Our services include:
- Achilles tendon repair. Depending on the degree of the injury, your activity and overall health surgery may be recommended for this injury. However, non-surgical treatment may be an option.
- Arthroscopic knee surgery. During the procedure, your orthopedic surgeon inserts a small camera instrument into your knee joint to repair or remove damaged tissue.
- Carpal tunnel. Your physician may use a variety of treatments to treat carpal tunnel including slinting your hand, anti-inflammatory medicines and ergonomic changes to each symptoms.
- Ganglion cyst removal. This procedure involves removing the cyst along with a portion of the joint capsule or tendon sheath.
- Rotator cuff repairs. This surgery removes fragments of debris in the shoulder where the rotator cuff moves.
- Screw/hardware removal. Your orthopedic surgeon uses special tools to carefully remove screws and other hardware from the bone.
- Treatment of fractures (broken bones). Your physician may use a variety of treatments to treat fractures including cast immobilization, functional brace, traction or pins and screws.
You may need physical therapy and rehabilitation services to help you achieve your optimal level of functioning. Physical therapy or rehabilitation may be prescribed before and/or after a surgery. It can also help you cope with or recover from an illness, injury or degenerative disease. Both inpatient and outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation services are offered at IU Health White Memorial Hospital.
Our physicians, specialists, therapists and rehabilitation experts are here to help you reduce pain, build muscle strength and improve flexibility and function.