Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
Live your healthiest life possible.
Indiana University Health White Memorial Hospital Orthopedics & Sports Medicine evaluates and treats soft tissue, bone and joint problems of the extremities. Treatment might include physical therapy or surgery to restore function. The care you receive will depend on your situation.
- Achilles tendon repair
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Ganglion cyst removal
- Rotator cuff repairs
- Screw removal
- Treatment of fractures (broken bones)
You may need physical therapy and rehabilitation services to help you achieve your best possible health. You can find many different kinds of inpatient and outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation services right here at IU Health White Memorial Hospital.
Often, physical therapy or rehabilitation is prescribed after a surgery or to help you prevent surgery. It can also help you cope with or recover from an illness, injury or degenerative disease. Some of services we offer include physical therapy and rehabilitation for:
- Arthritis, balance and gait problems
- Hands, elbows and shoulders
- Nonsurgical orthopedic care (for hip, knee, foot, shoulder and back problems)
- Orthopedic surgeries (such as arthroscopies and spinal surgeries)
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunctions (where the spine meets the pelvis)
- Sports injuries (such as sprains, strains and ACL repair)
- Work-related injuries (such as herniated discs, back pain and overuse injuries)
- Wound care
No matter what kind of treatment plan is right for you, the doctors, specialists, therapists and rehabilitation experts at IU Health White Memorial Hospital are focused on helping you lead your healthiest possible life – at your optimal level of functioning.