Request an Appointment Find a Doctor
Indiana University Health physicians improve women’s well-being through personalized, patient-centered healthcare. We place special emphasis on preventive medicine and early detection of women’s health problems.
At Indiana University Health White Memorial Hospital, our gynecologic team has advanced training and years of experience in addressing the healthcare needs of women in every stage of their adult lives.
Gynecologic services include:
- Bone density scans. We offer bone densitometry testing using X-rays, dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) or quantitative computed tomography (CT) scanning using special software to determine bone density.
- Contraception services. Contraception methods that require a visit to your healthcare provider for an examination and a prescription include birth control pills, synthetic hormone implant, progesterone-like drug injection, a contraception patch, a diaphragm, a contraceptive ring or an intrauterine device.
- Digital mammography. Our digital mammography services provide detailed images that enable our radiologists to detect irregularities at an early stage when treatment often results in the best outcomes.
- Endometriosis. Treatment for endometriosis may include watchful waiting, pain medicines, hormone therapy, laparoscopic surgery and hysterectomy.
- Gynecological surgery. Gynecologic surgeries we perform include laparoscopic, vaginal and abdominal hysterectomies, hysteroscopy, dilation and curettage, incontinence surgery, tubal ligations, endometrial ablation, cystocele, enterocele and vaginal prolapse.
- Menopause. Menopause treatment may include hormone replacement therapy and a bone density exam.
- Urinary incontinence. Treatments we offer for urinary incontinence include lifestyle modification for pelvic floor health, medicines, physical therapy, a pessary device, outpatient urethral sling surgery, surgery for pelvic organ prolapse, mesh graft, sacral neuromodulation, surgery for pudendal nerve entrapment, fistula repair and Botox® injections.
- Well-women visits. We offer well-women visits that include recommended preventive services, including a breast exam and pap smear.
Our gynecologists are experts in their field, often involved in research and innovative treatments.