Salary & Benefits
The benefit package includes a $5,000 yearly business expense account to help offset the expenses of textbooks, meetings, moving expenses and housing. Meals (valued at approximately $250 per month) are provided free of charge in the hospital cafeteria and at Subway (in the South Tower). Incoming residents also receive an $8,500 sign-on.
- PGY-1 $57,036.80 base salary (Plus $8,500 sign on) and $5,000 business expense = $70,536.80 Total
- PGY-2 $59,033.60 base salary and $5,000 business expense = $64,033.60 Total
- PGY-3 $61,030.40 base salary and $5,000 business expense = $66,030.40 Total
- Appropriate state, federal, and local taxes will be withheld from this amount. Paid time off includes 25 days per year.
Business Expense Allowance Includes:
- Housing Allowance (taxable income)
- Meeting Allowance
- Book Allowance
- Moving Allowance (PGY-1 year only. Per IRS guidelines)
- PLUS: Free meals (valued at $3,000/year), free parking, 25 paid working days off. Time off for meetings or job interviews do not count as vacation (maximum one week per year)