- Specialties & Details
- Ratings & Reviews
Dr. Wickstrom is a graduate of the Indiana University School of Medicine, and completed a residency at the McLaren Regional Medical Center in Flint, Mich. He then attended an exclusive, world-class fellowship program at The Christine M. Kleinert Institute for Hand and Micro Surgery, which is a nonprofit education and research organization funded by the Kleinert-Kutz Endowment for Education and Research in Hand and Micro Surgery.
Harold E. Kleinert, M.D., started a hand surgery clinic in Louisville, Kentucky, in 1953. Joined by Joseph E. Kutz, M.D., in 1964, they formed the organization now known as Kleinert Kutz. The physicians of the Hand Care Center are teaching the next generation of hand surgeons through the fellowship program of the Christine M. Kleinert Institute. The institute is known worldwide for its research and education in upper extremity care and microsurgery – just eight US/Canada physicians are accepted as Fellows each year. To date, physicians from 58 countries have served as Fellows.
Kleinert and Kutz performed the world’s first reported repair of a digital artery as well as the first bilateral forearm and upper arm replantations. Additionally, Kleinert and Kutz performed the nation’s first five hand transplants and one of the world’s first cross-hand replantations.
Dr. Wickstrom sees patients on an outpatient basis at the Clarizz Blvd. office as well as through the Emergency Department at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. In addition to his focuses as an orthopedic hand and upper extremity surgeon, Dr. Wickstrom provides general orthopedic care and consultation. He is a Volunteer Clinical Assistant Professor with the Indiana University School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Wickstrom treats many conditions of the hand and upper extremities, including carpal tunnel syndrome and related nerve injuries, trigger finger, injury and arthritis of the thumb, hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder, and tendon and fracture care in the hand. In addition, Dr. Wickstrom is trained in specialized surgical procedures such as implantation of Scheker Prosthesis for joint replacement of the distal radio-ulnar joint, reconstruction of arthritic conditions for degenerative or post-traumatic arthritis, mini-open approach to nerve decompression, including carpal tunnel release, and wrist and elbow arthroscopy for joint loose bodies, arthritis, ligament injuries and fractures.
Insurance plans accepted by this provider are below.
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem Healthy Indiana Plan
- Anthem Hoosier Care Connect
- Anthem Hoosier Healthwise
- Anthem Medicare HMO
- Anthem Medicare PPO
- Anthem Pathway Essentials Network
- Care Source Healthy Indiana Plan
- Care Source Hoosier Healthwise
- Community Health Network - Employee Plan
- CorVel/Corecare - Workers Compensation
- Encore Workers Compensation
- Health Alliance Medicare Advantage
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- Indiana Health Network - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University - Workers Compensation
- Indiana University Health - Workers Compensation
- Managed Health Services Healthy Indiana Plan
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Care Connect
- Managed Health Services Hoosier Healthwise
- Managed Health Services Medicare Advantage
- MDWise Excel Healthy Indiana Plan
- MDWise Excel Hoosier Healthwise
- Parkview Health Plan Signature Care PPO
- Point Comfort - Refugee Medical Assistance Program
- Point Comfort - Unaccompanied Children Program
- The Healthcare Group Encircle
- The Healthcare Group Encore
- TriCare Prime
- TriCare Select
- United DSNP
- United HMO
- United HealthCare
- United HealthCare Hoosier Care Connect
- United Medicare Advantage
- United PPO
- VA - CCN via United Healthcare
Note: Although this listing was accurate at the time of posting, insurances change regularly, and insurance plans listed may not be accepted at all office locations for this provider. Please confirm with your insurance company that this provider is covered by your plan before your appointment.
Specialties & Details
Orthopedic Surgery, Hand Surgery
School of Medicine:
Indiana University School of Medicine
McLaren Regional Medical Center
The Christine Kleinert Institute for Hand & Micro Surgery
Hospitals & Affiliations
IU Health Bedford, IU Health Bloomington, IU Health Paoli
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians