IU Health in West Central Indiana Implements Visitor Restrictions
March 10, 2020
Indiana University Health has put in place several visitor restrictions at its three hospital campuses in West Central Indiana as an added safeguard against the possible spread of the new coronavirus and other infectious diseases. IU Health will implement temporary visitation restrictions at its hospitals in Lafayette, Frankfort and Monticello.
Until further notice, the following visitation restrictions will be in place.
- Visitors are restricted to 4 designated caregivers over the age of 18 at IU Health Arnett Hospital. Visitors are restricted to 2 designated caregivers over the age of 18 at IU Health Frankfort Hospital and IU Health White Memorial Hospital.
- No visitors under 18 years of age unless they are seeking medical care or are the parents of pediatric patients.
- Only healthy adults should visit:
- Visitors who have flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, chills or muscle aches, will not be allowed to visit patients.
- If you have been recently exposed to someone with the flu/coronavirus, or flu-like symptoms, please stay home.
- Additional restrictions may be in place in the patient area you are visiting.
- In addition to the hospitals, we are asking patients to limit the number of people accompanying them to the emergency room, outpatient surgery waiting rooms and physician offices.
- Visitors should wash their hands or use hand sanitizer often.
“We are taking these additional measures out of an abundance of caution in an effort to limit the risk of infection in our hospitals,” said Jim Bien, MD, Chief Medical Officer and VP Quality and Patient Safety for IU Health Arnett Physicians. “We ask that visitors adhere to these restrictions so that we can maintain the safest possible environment for patients, visitors and our team members.”
Additionally, IU Health facilities will:
- Display signage describing visitation policy to the public
- Ensure that all entrances are stocked with disposable masks and hand sanitizer
- Encourage all families, vendors, team members and volunteers to be mindful about hand washing and covering coughs
Visitors with any questions about the restrictions may call the IU Health hospital they plan to visit before arriving.
IU Health Arnett Hospital 765.448.8000
IU Health Frankfort Hospital 765.656.3000
IU Health White Memorial Hospital 574.583.7111
About IU Health
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. An academic health center, IU Health provides leading-edge medicine and treatments.
Stay up to do date with the latest patient stories, wellness trends and news updates from around IU Health.