Car Seat Safety Checks
Indiana law requires children be in a safety restraint, such as a car seat, until age eight. Yet, four out of five children's car seats are used incorrectly. Properly installed child safety seats significantly reduce your child's risk of injury or death.
To ensure your child is as safe as possible, schedule an appointment for a Car Seat Safety Check by one of our certified child safety seat technicians, which may be conducted at convenient locations in Monroe or Orange Counties. There is no cost for the safety checks.
- Inspections are done by appointment only and take about 30-45 minutes. Times and dates vary depending on the availability of the certified child safety seat technician.
- Schedule your appointment early! If you are expecting a baby, we would like to see you before the baby arrives to make sure the car seat is installed correctly.
- Please bring your car seat instruction manual and your vehicle manual to your appointment.
- A section on child passenger safety and correct child safety seat installation is included in all of our childbirth classes.
- Don’t forget about your older children! Please ask about booster seats for your older child ages 5-8.