IU Health Bloomington Hospital
IU Health Bloomington Site Work Begins
January 01, 2018
Though officially work won’t begin on the future site of IU Health Bloomington until after the first of the year, contractor F.A. Wilhelm has begun preparing the property for the beginning of the construction phase.
“Between now and the end of the year we will be securing the complete site, installing fencing and gates,” describes Doug May F.A. Wilhelm Superintendent for the project, “ We will also install temporary construction entrances and parking, layout controls, as well as set-up our temporary offices.”
It is anticipated that the construction phase will begin sometime in early January. IU and IU Health will celebrate the official start of construction with a groundbreaking ceremony on January 16.
The Indiana University Board of Trustees approved exterior design and a revised site plan for IU Health Bloomington at the Regional Academic Health Center. The site of our new home is located at what is now the current IU Golf Course Driving Range on the campus of Indiana University Bloomington. We are pleased to be able to show you the renderings of what our new campus will look like. Construction is set to begin early in 2018 and we anticipate it will be completed by sometime in late 2020.
- Will include trails that provide wellness opportunities to campus visitors and the community at large.
- Indiana limestone, historically present throughout Indiana University’s Bloomington campus, is blended with brick highlights which are indicative of Indiana University Health facilities throughout the state.
- Overall facility includes approximately 620,000 square feet for in-patient and out-patient clinical services and approximately 115,000 square feet for academic instruction.
- Private pre- and post-operative patient and family space.
- Designed to be a sustainable development which includes native plantings, prairie grasses and bioswells that capture water runoff and purify it.