IU Health facilities begin lifting visitor restrictions
January 02, 2019
IU Health has lifted visitor restrictions at some of its healthcare facilities. Restrictions are still in place at the facilities listed below.
Additional IU Health facilities may lift restrictions, so please check back for the most current information.
Facility & Start Date
- IU Health Bloomington Hospital: Labor & Delivery, Mother/Baby & Pediatrics Units- Jan. 7
Visitor restrictions* include:
- Only spouses, significant others, parents or legal guardians (18 or older) will be allowed to visit and be on the patient unit (exceptions can be made for end-of-life-situations).
- Siblings and children younger than 18 years will not be permitted on patient units.
- Visitors who have flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, chills or muscle aches, will not be allowed to visit patients.
- Patients with flu-like symptoms will be asked to wear a surgical or isolation mask.
- Visitors and parents should wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before entering the building.
*IU Health recognizes the role that family plays in a patient’s recovery. Exceptions to the policy may be made under special circumstances.