IU Health Bloomington Hospital
Official Public Notice
December 06, 2017
Notice of Public Meetings
Indiana University Health
December 6, 2017
Indiana University Health will hold two public meetings from 3 to 4:30 p.m. and 5 to 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017, in the main lobby of IU Health Bloomington Hospital at 601 West 2nd Street in Bloomington, Ind., regarding the construction of IU Health Bloomington at the Regional Academic Health Center.
The campus aims to replace an outdated facility. Medicine has changed dramatically since the construction of the original Bloomington Hospital, and these changes are having a major impact on planning to ensure the replacement healthcare facility will serve the community well into the future.
The proposed location is on the former site of the IU golf driving range on 75 acres just off the SR 45/46 bypass adjacent to IU Technology Park. IU Health is working to ensure that the new campus will provide a variety of healthcare services for patients, including:
- A new complex to replace the existing Indiana University Bloomington Hospital providing inpatient services
- A facility to accommodate outpatient services such as office visits with specialty care physicians and diagnostic testing
- A women’s center for obstetrics, a neonatal intensive care nursery and other perinatal services
- Outpatient or same-day surgeries not requiring an overnight stay
- An emergency department that provides specialized care
- A trauma center to treat severe injuries resulting from incidents
- A facility dedicated to the education of university students studying various health science disciplines
The project cost is estimated at $344 million. Representatives will be available to answer questions on the following topics: site plan, parking and safety, EMS, traffic and roads, employment, contractors, IU/IU Health academic partnership, model of care, site and building design, sustainability and environmental plan as well as the Bloomington Hospital Foundation. The meetings will be open to the public.
Said hearings will be held in accordance with IC 16-21-2-11.5.
Open House Files