Neurology & Neurosurgery
We are a recognized leader in advanced neurological care
Delivering life-saving treatments for everything from brain trauma to neurological conditions.
Jump ahead on this page
If you or someone you love is facing a serious neurological condition, you want the best care from doctors you trust. Indiana University Health Neurology & Neurosurgery integrates unmatched expertise and the latest medical technologies to deliver life-saving treatments for everything from acute brain trauma to chronic neurological conditions.
We offer the latest and most sophisticated treatment options through our longstanding partnership with IU School of Medicine—Indiana’s premier teaching hospital and academic medical center. In the new, progressive Indiana University Health Neuroscience Center we've brought together the very best of what IU Health Neurology & Neurosurgery has to offer:
- Experienced, accomplished and trusted physicians
- The most advanced treatments available in neuroscience
- Access to the most timely research breakthroughs and scientific developments, including clinical studies
- Specialties and subspecialties together in one modern, centralized location
IU Health Neurology & Neurosurgery specialists treat a variety of neurological conditions with sophisticated technology and unrivaled expertise. Our services include:
Select a Neurology & Neurosurgery condition below to access information from our Health Library as well as how IU Health can help.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- IU Health Spine Program
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis & Autoimmune Disorders
- Back & Neck Pain
- Neurologic Vision Loss
- Brain & Spinal Tumors
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Disc Herniation & Disc Disease
- Perfexion Gamma Knife Therapy
- Double Vision
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Trauma & Spinal Cord Injury
- Huntington’s Disease
IU Health Neurology & Neurosurgery specialists are the region’s experts
IU Health Neurology & Neurosurgery is ranked on U.S.News & World Report's 2016-17 Best Hospitals and is the only nationally ranked neuroscience program in Indiana. So whether you are in need of evaluation, sophisticated treatment or a trusted second opinion, you can rest assured IU Health Neurology & Neurosurgery will provide exceptional neurological care.
Our physicians are building the future
Through the Indiana University School of Medicine, physicians practicing in the IU Health Neuroscience Center are also educating the next generation of specialists. The Department of Neurology at Indiana University School of Medicine offers residencies and fellowships to train doctors in diagnosis and treatment of the wide variety of neurological injuries and disorders.
Get more information
Learn more about neurology and neurosurgery by visiting these resources:
- American Academy of Neurology: This site, developed by a national organization in the field of neurology, is specifically designed to provide you with information about neurological injuries and disorders.
- Neurology: The Official Journal of the American Academy of Neurology: As a service to patients and their families, Neurology has developed an extensive collection of simplified medical articles. These articles provide you with direct access to current research in neurology.
Find Neurology & Neurosurgery Treatment
Neurology & Neurosurgery Stories of Strength
Jeff Bulhman's Story
When a tumor was found close to the vision center of Jeff Bulhman’s brain, his life, and his livelihood,…View Full Story
Ashley Mortimore's Story
Ashley Mortimore thought it was just a little jump off a quarry wall. Then she hit the water and her…View Full Story
Fred Dunn's Story
Fred Dunn never thought he'd have a stroke. But when he did, he needed physicians with a vast expertise…View Full Story
Jeff Graf's Story
It started before he was even born. In most cases, the notochord recedes during fetal life, but for Jeff…View Full Story
Calista White underwent minimally invasive spine surgery to alleviate pinched nerves.View Full Story