Request an Appointment Find a Doctor
The Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Cancer Center provides comprehensive cancer treatment for Indiana's East Central region. Our team of board-certified oncology experts works with a multidisciplinary team of nurses, surgeons, dietitians, counselors, chaplains, social workers, pharmacists, exercise specialists, therapists and more to develop a personalized treatment plan just for you. We offer highly advanced technologies, the latest treatment options and supportive resources to help you throughout your entire cancer journey. Learn more about our wide range of cancer services by downloading our Patient Guide and calling us at 765.281.2030.
What to Expect
Jump ahead on this page
Our board-certified medical oncologists and nurse practitioners provide cancer care and symptom management to our patients. Cutting edge treatment options including cancer clinical trials, immunotherapy and precision genomics are just a few of our available treatment options. Our specially trained cancer care experts work together to develop a personalized treatment plan just for you.
Our board-certified radiation oncologists provide state-of-the-art radiation therapy to our patients. Radiation therapy uses targeted energy to destroy cancer cells, shrink tumors and alleviate certain cancer-related symptoms. Our radiation oncologists are experienced in using advanced technologies to deliver targeted therapies and proactively manage side effects from treatment.
Our Cancer Education Program promotes healthy lifestyle choices for adults and children, and is available free to the community. To learn more about these programs or to schedule a presentation, call 765.741.2938.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital also offers a Lung Cancer Screening Program for patients who are considered at high risk. To schedule a lung cancer screening call 765.751.2727. There is a $49 charge for this screening.
Ask about other cancer screenings, free and open to the public, including:
- Cervical cancer screening
- Skin cancer screening
Call 765.741.2938 for more information.
IU Health Ball Memorial Cancer Center is committed to providing expert medical treatment complemented by supportive services to help you deal with the stress of a cancer diagnosis:
- Cancer exercise program. Exercise during cancer has been shown to reduce fatigue, increase strength, improve mood and boost the immune system.
Download a printable Cancer Exercise Program brochure.
- Spiritual care and chaplain services. For many people, spirituality or faith provides a source of support and comfort during this time. A chaplain can be reached anytime by notifying a nurse or staff person or by calling the hospital operator at 765.747.4408.
Download printable Spiritual Care brochure.
- Social services. Our social worker is here to connect you and your family with services to help make your journey less stressful. This includes home care services, counseling and other community resources. To learn more, please call 765.751.1449.
- Cancer Registry. The Cancer Registry collects and analyzes all reportable cancers diagnosed and/or treated at the IU Health Ball Memorial Cancer Center. Data is maintained, analyzed and reported for the purpose of research and quality improvement analysis. Call 765.747.3025 to speak to the lead registrar.
- Nutritional services. A well-nourished body can aid in recuperation from surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and stress, as well as build new tissues and prevent tissue breakdown and weight loss. Our oncology dietitian works directly with you to assess nutritional status and provide individualized nutrition care. For more information, call 765.747.3273.
- Financial services representative. The Patient Access Services Financial Service Representative can help you with all financial related concerns, including Medicaid enrollment, food stamps (SNAP), medication and co-pay assistance, billing and accounting assistance and more. For more information, please call 765.751.5825.
- Education and support. Our full-time educational coordinator is available help you understand and cope with the changes that occur after a cancer diagnosis by providing access to relevant and understandable information.
- Counseling. Our staff of mental health professionals provides free support for the many issues that may affect you and your family during a cancer diagnosis, treatment and recovery. For more information please call 765.751.1449.
Download printable Cancer Counseling brochure.
- Cancer Resource Center. Specially trained volunteers from our volunteer program and the American Cancer Society provide support and resources to patients and caregivers dealing with a cancer diagnosis and treatment.
To sign up for a clinical trial, call:
IU Health Ball Memorial Cancer Center: 765.751.5850
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital Medical Research: 765.747.8458.
View the clinical trials at the IU Health Ball Memorial Cancer Center and IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital.
IU Health Ball Memorial Cancer Center
2401 W. University Avenue
Muncie, IN 47303
IU Health Ball Memorial Cancer Center at Forest Ridge in New Castle
2200 Forest Ridge Parkway, Suite 120
New Castle, IN 47362
IU Health Ball Memorial Cancer Center at Jay County
500 W. Votaw Street