Indiana University Health 24/7 Transfer Center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is designed to help physicians transfer patients to any IU Health hospital, including Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health for inpatient services. Our professionally trained staff manages everything for an efficient and safe transfer.
As Indiana's only nationally ranked healthcare system, our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM), provides patients access to highly skilled physicians, clinical innovations and state-of-the-art treatments.
Affiliated with two Level I Trauma Centers- IU Health Methodist Hospital and the state’s only pediatric Level I Trauma hospital- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, you and your patients can be confident you are accessing skilled clinical teams and state-of-the-art treatment.
Transfers can be arranged from any site or facility - locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. Transfers coordinated with IU Health LifeLine, Indiana's first and only air and ground transport service afiliated with the states leading medical school will provide faster access for your patients to the highly skilled physicans of IU Health.
When you call, specialty-trained nurses will:
- Connect you with the requested/appropriate specialist at IU Health and facilitate a teleconference call to determine a preliminary clinical evaluation and launch the transfer process.
- Offer to send the 24/7 Transfer checklist to your facility.
- Offer to assist with any transportation assistance needed.
- Contact you to advise you of the transfer status of the patient as appropriate.
IU Health 24/7 Transfer Center policies and guidelines are designed to adhere to EMTALA regulations and to ensure placement of your patient in the most appropriate level of care.
We appreciate our relationship with you and look forward to providing excellent care for your patients and their families.
24/7 Transfer Checklist
Please fax the following information to 24/7 Transfer at 317.968.1000
- Face Sheet
Please send the following information with the transport team to ensure continuity of care:
- All medical records, including the Emergency Department Record, if applicable.
- All diagnostic studies
- Please upload radiologic studies via the IU Health Radiology Cloud whenever possible. If not part of the IU Health Radiology Cloud please send a CD of all imaging studies. (IU Health facilities on Cerner do not need to forward hard copies.)
- Medication records
- Old medical records
- Advanced directives form
- Signed Release of Information form
Please send any additional information that will assist us in caring for your patient and include information on special needs.
Thank you for sending your patient to IU Health. If you have questions, please contact IU Health 24/7 Transfer Center at the number listed below.