- Methodist Health Foundation
- History of IU Health Methodist Hospital
- Preeminent Critical Care
- Volunteer Opportunities
- In the Community
Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital maintains its position as a national and regional healthcare leader through its commitment to excellence, accessibility and preeminence. IU Health Methodist Hospital was recognized in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 as the top ranked hospital in the country for quality and safety by University Health Consortium and has been ranked among the top 50 national programs in U.S.News & World Report's "America's Best Hospitals." IU Health Methodist Hospital has also been designated as a Magnet Hospital, recognizing excellence in nursing services and high-quality clinical outcomes for patients.
IU Health Methodist Hospital helps to lead the way in community benefit initiatives to address the needs of those we serve. A substantial piece of community benefit is providing excellent care to patients, regardless of their ability to pay. In 2009, IU Health Methodist Hospital, together with the IU Health hospitals around the state provided over 94 million dollars in financial assistance to patients statewide.
It is home to the Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics, one of the few clinically-based medical ethics centers in the country, and home to the IU Health Methodist Hospital Research Institute which conducts outcomes-based research to understand how medical practices, health policies and healthcare spending affect the quality of patient outcomes.
The physicians use cutting-edge technology, such as Mobetron intraoperative radiation therapy, MRI and Intraoperative MRI, Alaris Infusion Pumps, da Vinci surgical robot, RetCam and handheld blood-testing devices.
To learn more about the IU Health commitment to serving Indiana communities, review the statewide 2012 Community Benefit Report.
Other notable facts include:
- Nationally recognized organ transplant center based on total transplant volume (bone marrow, heart, intestine, kidney, liver and lung); one of only a few centers nationally to have each of these programs certified by Medicare.
- Largest neuroscience critical care unit in the country.
- One of the largest critical care departments in the country.
- Award-winning comprehensive cardiac critical care unit.
- First, largest and most comprehensive intensive care patient electronic monitoring system (e-ICU) in Central Indiana.
- Nationally ranked orthopedic services.
- Statewide leader in staff physician specialties, with specialists onsite 24 hours a day.
- Nationally ranked urology program and home to the International Kidney Stone Institute.
- Over 1,500 geriatric patient visits per year for medical treatment, education, counseling and research.
Learn more about the medical services we provide.