IU Health Bloomington Hospice House
Important COVID-19 Notice:
To protect you and our team, we are taking careful steps for everyone’s safety. If we do not contact you to reschedule, please plan to arrive for your appointment at your scheduled time.
- All patients will be screened. If the patient does not pass the screening, the patient could be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- One adult companion may accompany the patient (e.g. driver, caregiver) and will be screened. If the companion does not pass the screening they will be asked to leave.
- If the companion is a parent or guardian of a minor child and does not pass the screening, another adult can be screened, or the appointment will be rescheduled.
Here is what you can expect at your in-office appointment for your safety:
- All office staff and providers will be wearing a mask.
- All patients and visitors age 2 and older will be required to wear a mask, which we will provide.
- We follow strict procedures for cleaning surfaces between each patient visit.
- We have spaced out waiting areas to enable social distancing and set up new ways to limit your time spent in waiting areas.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19:
- Download the IU Health Virtual Visits app on your smartphone to proceed with a free virtual COVID-19 screening
- Or call your provider’s office.
Learn more about the steps we’re taking to keep you safe. Besides in-person visits, we continue to offer Virtual Visits based on your needs. If you have questions or would like to confirm your appointment, please call your provider’s office.
Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital Hospice House is nestled on a three-acre wooded tract of land just south of Bloomington and welcomes visitors to a home-like setting that is warm, comfortable and inviting.
The homelike interior of 10,000 square feet is furnished and decorated with comfortable and attractive décor throughout. Common areas where families and friends can gather include a kitchen to prepare meals, a dining room, a large living room/lounge, a counseling/spiritual/meditation area, a children’s playroom, a computer room and a conference room.
Hospice House can accommodate 12 patients at a time and offers comfortable space for family members and friends to spend as much time as they wish with loved ones. Each room has a sleeper sofa for a family member to stay with a patient.
IU Health Bloomington Hospital Hospice is dedicated to providing every patient quality care. These services would not be possible without the generosity of our community through gifts made to the Bloomington Hospital Foundation’s capital campaign.