Education and training are central to the mission of IU Health. One of the reasons we are recognized nationally is because of our commitment to on-going education and professional development.
IU Health provides learning opportunities for a wide variety of health care providers.
- Provides accredited training programs for those interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare field (physicians, nurses, health sciences technologists and more)
- Offers opportunities for our team members to better themselves through learning opportunities
- Provides continuing education classes and programs for health care professionals such as physicians, nurses and health sciences technologists.
- Coordinates several outreach programs
- Offers an array of classes to the public
Our facilities provide clinical experiences for scores of colleges and universities throughout the United States. We orient and develop nursing and patient care personnel for all specialties and professional levels and provide thousands of hours of continuing education and community, wellness and patient education every year.
Our health sciences department conducts more educational programs than many community colleges. We employ highly qualified educators to annually train hundreds of radiographers, surgical technologists, clinical laboratory scientists, respiratory therapists, pharmacy technicians, central service technicians, clinical pastoral chaplains, unit secretaries, and nursing professionals to name just a few.
IU Health has robust educational partnerships and affiliations with other organizations throughout Indiana and the country. Educators across the IU Health system collaborate to provide preeminent education.
Educators also engage in continuing education programs, Educator Forums and classes to ensure the highest level of delivery and to optimize learners’ potential.