With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity, equity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
This promise requires us to be among the very best at what we do and to hold ourselves accountable. Here's how:
- Expand feedback methods to accurately reflect the diverse voices of our patients and families
- Ensure IU Health is an LGBTQ+ friendly environment for patients and team members
- Design a talent acquisition process that improves our ability to attract racial and ethnic minority candidates
Our Affinity Groups
Minority Affinity Group
The IU Health Minority Affinity group provides a space for ethnic minority team members at IU Health to connect and share experiences. They represent an underrepresented group or group protected by federal or international non-discrimination laws in employment and/or business, including but not limited to: race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, ethnicities.
They are responsible to aligning with organization values, D&I enterprise statement, civility; practicing inclusion, supporting business needs, sharing information, attendance/engagement, developing guiding principles to support healthy group dynamics, etc.
Women’s Insight Network (WIN)
The IU Health Women's INitiative (WIN) affinity group is a community that supports and advocates for women at IU Health. The group is open to IU Health team members from every region, facility and business unit. The WIN affinity mission is to:
- Inspire throughout the organization by raising the voice and visibility of women, the unique issues they face and how they are making a difference
- Educate and provide opportunities for women to develop leadership skills
- Influence/advocate for women via a strong and broad network of mentors and sponsors focused on creating a diverse organization as a key criterion to fulfill the organization's goals
- Expand gender partnerships, conversations and collaborations
The IU Health Statewide Pride affinity group provides a forum for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning individuals, along with friends and allies, to come together and discuss career-related opportunities and participate in community programs and Pride events.
Young Professionals of IU Health is open to IU Health team members from every region, facility and business unit. In addition to providing opportunities for young professionals to connect and grow, the group is dedicated to the following:
- Supporting the personal and professional development of team members
- Inspiring and cultivating the next generation of IU Health leaders
- Fostering a community of collaboration through service, education and other charitable activities
- Providing young professionals with tools to achieve physical, mental, emotional and financial wellness
- Assisting in improving employee recruitment, engagement and retention
- Actively working to align goals, objectives, and members to other IU Health activities and programs that have already been established or are working to charter activity
- Supporting the sustainability of young professionals by consistently engaging and expanding its membership
- Serving as a platform upon which young professionals and other IU Health staff can assemble in order to network and expand their knowledge of IU Health’s various business units, facilities, and services