With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity, equity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
This promise requires us to be among the very best at what we do and to hold ourselves accountable. Here's how:
- Expand feedback methods to accurately reflect the diverse voices of our patients and families
- Ensure IU Health is an LGBTQ+ friendly environment for patients and team members
- Design a talent acquisition process that improves our ability to attract racial and ethnic minority candidates
Coming Together for a Common Goal
Affinity groups at IU Health are an excellent way to connect with team members from diverse backgrounds, learn from one another and grow both personally and professionally. These team member- driven meetings are an opportunity for our team members to:
- Network with colleagues
- Exchange ideas
- Establish visibility
- Grow professionally and enhance the organization
IU Health affinity groups include:
- IU Health Pride: The IU Health Statewide Pride affinity group provides a forum for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning individuals, along with friends and allies, to come together and discuss career-related opportunities and participate in community programs and Pride events.
- Minority Professionals: The IU Health Minority affinity group provides a space for ethnic minority team members to connect and share experiences. The group represents an underrepresented group or group protected by federal or international non-discrimination laws in employment and/or business, including but not limited to race, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, ethnicities.
- Women’s INitiative: The IU Health Women’s INitiative (WIN) affinity group is a community that supports and advocates for women at IU Health. Their mission is to raise the voice and visibility of women, the unique issues they face and how they’re making a difference; educate and provide opportunities for women to develop leadership skills; influence/advocate for women via strong and broad network of mentors and sponsors focused on creating a diverse organization; and expand gender partnerships, conversations and collaborations.
- Young Professionals: The Young Professionals of IU Health is open to all team members. In addition to providing opportunities for young professionals to connect and grow, the group is dedicated to initiatives such as supporting personal and professional development, inspiring and cultivating the next generation of IU Health leaders, and fostering a community of collaboration through service, education and charitable activities, among other initiatives.
Diversity and Inclusion Across the Health System
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion partners with teams across the organization, such as patient experience, community outreach and design and construction, to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion is imbedded where necessary. We especially work closely with the Office of Health Equity Research & Outreach to ensure clinical care is seen through the lens of its diverse patients and communities.