Volunteer at IU Health Jay
The IU Health Jay Volunteers and Auxiliary is a group of over 100 men and women who are a vital part of the services at IU Health Jay Hospital.
The Auxiliary provides coverage for the Information Desk and waiting areas along with operating the gift shop. They also sponsor many fundraising events such as Flower Sales, Book Sales, Bake Sales and Craft Bazaars.
The Auxiliary also sponsors the annual Celebration of Lights. Money raised from the projects are used at the hospital and for community improvement projects.
The Volunteers have assisted with:
- Purchasing holiday lights and decorations at the Hospital Campus.
- Funding the building of a gazebo for the behavioral health patients and families.
- Purchasing reclining chairs for the waiting room area and ER physician’s call room.
- Donating to the Cancer Center.
- Purchasing NuStep machines for Rehabilitation and Cardiac Rehab.
- Funding the building of a pergola with resting area along the Wellness Walkway.
- Purchasing wheel chairs for patient use at the hospital.
- Assisting with funding the Safe Sitter Program.
- Providing financial assistance for the Wound Clinic.
- Purchasing a new TV for the CPR Training Area.
- Purchasing scales for CHF patients that were unable to afford them.
They also provide:
- Supplemental services that contribute to total patient care.
- Help in creating and promoting community understanding of the hospital and its services.
- Opportunities to serve within the community.
Trinkets and Treasures gift shop is located on the ground floor of IU Health Jay Hospital near the main entrance. A wide selection of gifts, candy, balloons, handbags, jewelry, and flowers is available. The gift shop is open Monday through Friday 8 am-5 pm and Sunday 1- 4 pm. The shop is closed on all national holidays.
For more information about Trinkets and Treasures call 260.726.1876.
For more information about our volunteers and auxiliary, please contact the Director of Volunteer Services at 260.726.1878.